Okay, okay

I know I've been MIA.  Sorry.  I've been working on pictures and then I got a really bad cold.  I'm finally startng to feel better but things at my house are a mess.  Of course we've been going outside so much that I don't get to clean up. 

So I've been slack about the blog. 

Here are a few recent moments around our house.

We are trying to get rid of the warts on Carter's hand and are using good old Compound W and duct tape (blue duct tape that he picked out).  It was fine for a couple of days until it started burning.  I put it on and it started hurting and he started flapping his hands and then he threw back his head and howled.  It was like a Sesame Street puppet - mouth wide open - tears flying.  I was trying so hard not to laugh but it was all I could do.  I couldn't help it - it was so funny.  Sam came in and started to fuss at me until Carter did it again and then he too started that pressing of lips, holding of breath when you know you shouldn't laugh at your child. 

Several days ago Carter wanted to go to get ice cream after dinner.  So I told the boys we could go but they had to eat their dinner.  Carter cleaned his plate.  Caleb did not. 

He played.
I told him multiple times he need to eat so he could get ice cream.
He didn't eat.  So he didn't get to go get ice cream. 
I got to stay home with him while he screamed, kicked, hit, cried and in general threw a long, loud tantrum.

It's fun being a mom.

On a nicer note - today we went with our friends and picked strawberries from a local farm.  We got a basket filled to the top with delicious, sweet strawberries and had a great time with our buddies.

Fresh strawberries call for homemade pound cake and whip cream. 

So before bed we had strawberry cake.  And three bites in Caleb became "cake drunk".  He started hugging Carter and saying, "I wuv you Cayuh"  then he would lean over and hug Sam, "I wuv you Daddy"  then back to Carter.  It was hilarious - I felt like I was watching a scene in a bar. 

Of course this was only after 3 bites - he's a lightweight.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP